THINGS TO DO IN BOISE IN OCTOBER
- Visit the Idaho Botanical Garden's Scarecrow Stroll: The Scarecrow Stroll at Idaho Botanical Garden's features creative scarecrows, live music, food vendors and kid-friendly activities, offering a festive Halloween experience while supporting the local community.
- Go on a fall foliage hike in the Boise Foothills: Boise Foothills provide picturesque fall vistas of the city and surrounding areas with a variety of trail options, from easy to challenging, including Hulls Gulch, Camel's Back, and Table rock. Remember to stay hydrated and wear suitable shoes.
- Visit the Idaho State Capitol Building: The Idaho State Capitol Building is a beautiful neoclassical building that was completed in 1920. The building is open to the public and offers free guided tours. Visitors can learn about the history of Idaho and see the legislative chambers, Governor's office, and other important rooms.
- Attend the Boise State University Homecoming Parade: Boise State Univerisity's Homecoming Parade is a free, lively celebration of the university and it's alumni, showcasing floats, marching bands, and more. Join in to display your Bronco pride!
- Go on a haunted history tour of downtown Boise: Boise has a rich history, and many of it's buildings are rumored to be haunted. Several companies offer guided tours of downtown Boise that focus on the city's spooky past. These tours are a fun way to learn about Boise's history and get into the Halloween spirit.
- Go on a ghost tour of the Old Idaho Penitentiary: The Old Idaho Penitentiary is a historic prison that operated from 1872 to 1973. The prison is rumored to be haunted, and several companies offer guided ghost tours. Visitors can learn about the prison's history and hear spooky stories about it's former inmates.
12 ALTERNATIVES TO TRICK-OR-TREATING ON HALLOWEEN
- Not-So-Spooky Parade - Hosting an outdoor neighborhood Halloween
- Pumpkin Carving
- Mask Decorating
- Zombie Walk
- Door Decorating Contest
- Backyard Movie
- Themed Scavenger Hunt
- Drive-by-Candy Distribution
- Drive-in Movies
- Host a virtual baking competition
- Ultimate Night In - Family activities: carving pumpkins, movie night, pillow fort - Halloween-themed snacks or takeout from local businesses
- Encourage donations to a chosen cause
SPOOKY GHOST TOWNS IN IDAHO
- Silver City Ghost Town
- Idaho City Ghost Town
- Wallace, Idaho
- Bayhorse Ghost Town
- Yankee Fork Area (Custer, Bonanza and Yankee Fork Gold Dredge)
- De Lamar
- Rocky Bar
OCTOBER HALLOWEEN & HARVEST PLACES TO GO IN THE TREASURE VALLEY
Pick pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, take an authentic tractor-drawn hayride, wander through the beautiful flower field, enjoy some farm-fresh food, and of course, get lost in Idaho's Original Corn Maze. Open through Halloween, Monday-Thursday 4PM-9PM. Friday-Saturday 10AM-9PM. 2500 S. Eagle Rd. Kuna, ID. More info at www.lowefamilyfarmstead.com
Idaho's largest indoor and outdoor haunted attraction. The Haunted World offers frightening entertainment and spooky experiences for the whole family, they're "guaranteed to scare the pants off you, your friends or your family." Make sure to plan out 1.5-2 hours to experience The Haunted World. Open through Halloween. Open from dusk to 10PM on weekdays, dusk to 12AM on weekends. 20031 Northside Blvd Caldwell, ID. More info at www.hauntedworld.org
Requiem is a newer entry to the Treasure Valley haunted house scene. Located in a century-old building in Downtown Caldwell, Requiem has over 13,000 square feet of pure indoor terror, you are invited to "enter at your own risk." Open through Halloween. Wednesday-Thursday 7:30PM-10PM. Friday-Saturday 7:30PM-12AM. 810 Main Street Caldwell, ID 83605. More info at www.requiemhaunt.com
Join Zoo Boise for Boo at the Zoo, taking place over two days, Saturday, October 29, and Sunday, October 30. There will be trick-or-treating candy stations, costume contests for all ages, vendors, photo ops, face painting, special Halloween-themed treats for zoo animals, and much more! October 29th & 30th 10AM-5PM. 355 Julia Davis Drive Boise, ID 83702. More info at www.zooboise.org
- SCARECROW STROLL AND FALL HARVEST FESTIVAL
Visit the Garden every Saturday throughout October for the family-friendly Fall Harvest Days. Each Saturday offers a unique experience featuring Scarecrow Stroll, artisan vendors, food trucks, local beer, cider, wine and live music. The Scarecrow Stroll is open daily and features our community's artistic talent with decorative Scarecrows throughout the Garden the whole month of October. Be sure to cast your vote for the best scarecrow! Open every Saturday in October 10AM-3PM. 2355 N Old Penitentiary Road Boise, ID. More info at www.idahobotanicalgarden.org
- 1/2 pumpkin large peeled diced
- 375 g ricotta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 275 g frozen spinach thawed
- 400g tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup tasty cheese grated
- 250g instant lasagna sheets
- 1 tsp salt and pepper *to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Steam the pumpkin in a vegetable steamer or in the microwave using a minimal amount of water. Roughly mash when tender. Do not drain as the liquid will help the pasta sheets cook.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan, spring onions, spinach, salt and pepper, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Grease a casserole dish or deep baking tray and place a layer of lasagna sheets on the base. Spoon over a layer of the cheese mixture, then a layer of mashed pumpkin, smoothing each layer.
- Top with more lasagna sheets and then repeat the process until all mixture is used up, ending with a layer of lasagna sheets on top.
- Pour pasta sauce over the top of the final layer of pasta sheets. Spread evenly over the top and then sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes, or until pasta is cooked. Stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
MAY MARKET TREND
The market is ever changing. If you have any questions or would want to learn more about what these market patterns represent and what they mean for a home buyer/seller, please text or call us at 208-577-7777.
We'd love to talk!
OUR MAIN GOAL IS TO HAVE A HAPPY CLIENT AT THE END OF THE TRANSACTION AND WE DO THAT THROUGH CONSISTENT AND EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION COMBINED WITH OUR PRECISE AND UNIQUE MARKETING STRATEGIES.