TIPS FOR SELLING YOUR HOME DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS
- Enhance curb appeal: Make sure the lawn is mowed, the bushes are trimmed and the garden is well-maintained. Add some colorful flowers to the front yard to make it attractive and welcoming.
- Keep the house cool: Make sure the air conditioning is working correctly and keep the curtains and blinds closed during the hottest parts of the day.
- Highlight outdoor spaces: Make your patio, deck and backyard clean and well-maintained. Add some outdoor furniture and accessories to create an inviting atmosphere.
- Emphasize natural light: Open the curtains and blinds to let in as much light as possible.
- Offer summer perks: Consider offering some summer perks such as a free pool cleaning service or a gift card to a local ice cream shop. this can help make your home stand out from the competition.
- Be flexible with showings: Consider offering evening or weekend showings to accommodate potential buyers' schedules.
- Price competitively: Consider working with a real estate agent to determine the best pricing strategy for your home.
HOW TO BEAT THE HEAT: STAYING COOL IN THE SUMMER
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol and caffeine, which can dehydrate you.
- Wear light-colored, loose-fitting clothing: This will help keep you cool by reflecting the sun's rays and allowing air to circulate around your body.
- Stay indoors during the hottest part of the day: If possible, avoid going outside between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun is at it's strongest.
- Use air conditioning or fans: If you have access to air conditioning, us it to keep your home or office cool. If not, use fans to circulate air and create a cooling breeze.
- Take cool showers or baths: This can help lower your body temperature and provide temporary relief from the heat.
- Eat light, refreshing foods: Opt for fruits and vegetables that are high in water content, such as watermelon, cucumber and lettuce.
- Stay in the shade: If you must be outside, seek out shady areas to avoid direct sunlight.
- Use sunscreen: Protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays by using sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Avoid strenuous activity: Try to limit your physical activity during the hottest parts of the day, and take frequent breaks if you must be active.
- Stay informed: Keep an eye on the weather forecast and stay up-to-date on any heat advisories or warnings in your area.
CELEBRATING FATHER'S DAY: GIFT IDEAS AND ACTIVITIES
Father's Day is a special occasion to show appreciation for the dad in your life. Here are some gift ideas and activities to make the day extra special:
- Personalized gift: A personalized gift like a photo album, mug or keychain with a special message or photo can be a great way to show your love and appreciation.
- Grooming kit: A grooming kit with his favorite with his favorite cologne, shaving cream and aftershave can be a useful and practical gift.
- Tech gadgets: If your dad is into technology, consider getting him a new gadget like a smartwatch, headphones or a tablet.
- Outdoor gear: If your dad loves the outdoors, consider getting him new hiking boots, a camping chair or a fishing rod.
- Sports gear: If your dad is a sports fan, consider getting him a jersey or hat of his favorite team.
- Watch a movie together: Pick a movie that your dad loves and enjoy it together.
- Cook a meal: Prepare a special meal for your dad or have a family barbecue.
- Play a game: Play a game of cards or board games with your dad.
- Go on a hike: If your dad loves nature, take him on a hike and enjoy the outdoors together.
- Take a road trip: Plan a road trip to a nearby destination and spend quality time together.
No matter what you decide to do, the most important thing is to spend quality time with your dad and show him how much you appreciate him.
FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1/3 c. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 c. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 c. Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Honey, divided
- 2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard, divided
FOR THE KEBABS:
- 1 1/2 lb. Sirloin or New York Strip, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 oz. Baby Portobello Mushrooms, large stems removed
- 1 Red Onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Chopped Fresh Parsley, for garnish
- For the marinade: Whisk together the vinegar, Worcestershire, olive oil, garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon each of the honey and mustard in a medium bowl. Transfer 1/4 cup of the marinade to a small bowl; whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon each honey and mustard to make a glaze. Set the glaze aside.
- For the kebabs: Add the marinade and the meat to a resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag and massage it gently to coat all of the meat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 6 hours. Remove the meat from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the rill to medium-high heat (400 to 450 degrees). Thread the meat, mushrooms, onion and peppers on the skewers, alternating as you like.
- Grill the kebabs uncovered until grill marks form on the bottom side, 3 to 4 minutes more. Turn the kebabs and brush with the remaining glaze; grill to desired degree of doneness (about 135 degrees for medium), about 1 minute more.
- Let kebabs rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the parsley just before serving.
APRIL MARKET TREND
We are seeing more price reductions in the last 30 days making this an ideal time to purchase! If you have any questions or would want to learn more about what these market patterns represent and what they mean for a home buyer/seller, please text or call us at 208-684-0000. We'd love to talk!
OUR MAIN GOAL IS TO HAVE A HAPPY CLIENT AT THE END OF THE TRANSACTION AND WE DO THAT THROUGH CONSISTENT AND EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION COMBINED WITH OUR PRECISE AND UNIQUE MARKETING STRATEGIES.