GIVE YOURSELF TIME AND ROOM TO GROW WITH THESE 6 TIPS
- Remind yourself that you are making a difference despite all the long days and many challenges. Get in the habit of positive affirmations to remind yourself how important you are.
- Practice being kind and compassionate with yourself.
- Nourish your body with all the good things that it deserves. Consume nutrient-rich foods to give your immune system a boost. Take your vitamins, drink plenty of water and be sure to try and fit in some activity and time outside in the fresh air.
- Feed your mind with a little self-care. Find a good book about positive thoughts and self-love, read it, and grasp more knowledge.
- Have a moment to feel good about something to make you feel better and help you relax.
- Seek out support from family or friends and find other simple self-care tactics that help you.
5 WAYS TO GET A HEAD START ON SPRING CLEANING DURING WINTER
- Cleaning closets, garages, dressers and basements.
- Deep cleaning.
- Updating your look.
- Rearrange your furniture.
12 FUN WAYS TO CELEBRATE VALENTINE'S DAY AS A FAMILY
- Start Valentine's Day with a delectable chocolate treat.
- Exchange Valentine's cards with the entire family.
- Host a game night.
- Make a special chocolate dessert.
- Explore an outdoor activity.
- Express your love. Grab a notebook and pen and have everyone write five things they appreciate about each family member. Create a list for each family member, whether it's a trait they admire or a shared hobby. Share the list thereafter. They may say something heartwarming.
- Relax with the family on the couch for a movie night. The Princess Bride, Beauty and the Beast, and Lady and the Tramp are always good choices. Just have lots of popcorn.
- Dance to the music. An at-home dance party can make your family's Valentine's Day entertaining. Pandora's Valentine's Day music stations include 80s power ballads, country love tunes, and chart-topping pop to get you moving and grooving.
- Give generously on Valentine's Day. Drop a rose and a message to neighbors and friends. Send little care presents to extended relatives you won't see. there are endless ways to spread love and kindness.
- Enjoy virtual family fun by spending the day watching a Broadway musical, visiting a virtual museum, or exploring the National parks. you can have fun without going far!
- Winters can be gloomy. Family planting is fun. Teach kids how to take care of plants. Then admire the winter blossoms.
- Make Valentine's Day "kid's choice" day. Let your kids choose how to celebrate and go with it. Accept and participate in their choice. You'll enjoy making family Valentine's Day memories with them.
ORGANIZING CHECKLIST FOR FEBRUARY
- Plan February goals.
- Plan a spring cleaning checklist.
- Plan February meals.
- File taxes early.
- Plan a Valentine's date.
- Schedule needed appointments.
- Complete a small project.
- Organize images from January.
- Start planning for spring/summer events.
- De-clutter as needed
HELPFUL STRATEGIES FOR PREPARING AND FILING YOUR TAXES ON TIME
- Understand your filing status.
- Make sure your name & address are updated.
- Organize your tax documents.
- Decide whether you'll DIY or use a tax preparer.
- Max out your IRA contributions.
- Consider filing an extension.
- Adjust your withholding.
2 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Cointreau
1 oz. Cranberry Juice
1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
Lime slice or twist, for serving
In cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake all ingredients until chilled. Strain into coupe glass and serve with lime or twist.
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 2 medium oranges
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped thyme, plus more for garnish
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Trim thighs ans seaon with salt and pepper. Place in a resealable bag.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine orange and lime juice, honey, soy sauce, mustard, rosemary, thyme, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Reserve 1/2 cup of marinade or about half. Pour reamining marinade over chicken in bag. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or up to overnight in the refridgerator.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with foil. Place Brussels sprouts on tray and toss with oil. Season with salt and pepper and spread into an even layer. Arrange thighs around Brussels, skin side up. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Continue simmering until reduced by about half. Place cornstarch in a small bown and carefully pour a couple of tablespoons of sauce over and stir to dissolve cornstarch.
DECEMBER MARKET TREND
We are seeing more price reductions in the last 30 days making this an ideal time to purchase! If you have any questions or would want to learn more about what these market patterns represent and what they mean for a home buyer/seller, please text or call us at 208-684-0000. We'd love to talk!
OUR MAIN GOAL IS TO HAVE A HAPPY CLIENT AT THE END OF THE TRANSACTION AND WE DO THAT THROUGH CONSISTENT AND EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION COMBINED WITH OUR PRECISE AND UNIQUE MARKETING STRATEGIES.