THINGS TO DO TO PREPARE FOR BACK TO SCHOOL
- Wake your kids up at what will be their regular morning wake-up time.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Incorporate healthy breakfast options like apples, bananas and whole grain toast. This will give them the energy they need to be mentally alert all day instead of the mid-morning crash they'll get from sugary cereals.
- Set out clothes the night before to avoid frantic mornings. Get into a routine of doing this even before school starts so your child is in the habit of planning head.
- Pack a healthy lunch. Plan and make your lunches for the next day together each night.
- Start eating lunch at the same time as your child will be when he or she is at school. This will help get your child's stomach on a schedule so he or she isn't going to class hungry and distracted.
- Start getting into a homework routine now by having TV-free time during after-school hours.
- Play board or word games over the summer to keep your child's mind engaged and focused on building learning skills.
- Stick to a bedtime routine so your child isn't up late the night before the first day of school.
- Take at least 30 minutes to sit with your child and read together. This will help keep him or her engaged with learning and in the routine of daily schoolwork.
- Take your child shopping for back-to-school supplies he or she will need to get the year off to a successful start.
DID YOU KNOW?
The structure of the brain changes every time we learn something new.
WAYS TO GET YOUR KIDS EXCITED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL
Are your kids bummed about the end of summer? These back-to-school ideas will get them exxcited to go back.
- Create a back-to-school survival kit
- Go on a back-to-school shopping trip
- Bake up a batch of treats
- Pick up these picture books
- Prepare yummy school lunches
- Carve out a kid cave
- DIY a portable homework station
- Decorate back-to-school essentials
- Make a back-to-school craft
- Sign up for school activities and organizations
- Let them bling out their gear
- Plan something memorable for the first day of school
TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE PERFECT OUTDOOR LIGHTING FOR YOUR HOME
- Make sure to incorporate the three basic types of lighting: ambient, task, and accent. Ambient lighting can be achieved through hanging lights, post lights and wall lights. Task lighting includes pathway lights, plus deck and security lights. And you can get accent outdoor lighting with landscape kits and spotlights.
- Figure out exactly how much lighting you need.
- Plan ahead when choosing fixtures to avoid too large-scale.
- Use LEDs - they use far less energy than halogen or incandescent bulbs and are maintenance-free.
- Take a look from inside your home. It will help you decide on which lighting to choose and how to place it around your yard.
- Use subtle light for entertaining.
- Think about security. You can illuminate any side of the house in the shadows with spotlights installed on your eaves or use wall lanterns at side doors, windows and garages.
10 MOST IMPORTANT FEATURES A HOME BUYER WANTS
- Updated kitchens and baths
- Open floor plans
- Low-maintenance features
- Energy efficiency
- Wireless connectivity
- Laundry rooms
- Garage storage space
- Exterior lighting
- Walk-in pantry
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 can (15 ounces) thick and zesty tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
Place ribs in a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. In a large saucepan combine the reamining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour over ribs; cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until tender.
JUNE MARKET TREND
We are seeing more price reductions in the last 30 days making this an ideal time to purchase! If you have any questions or would want to learn more about what these market patterns represent and what they mean for a home buyer/seller, please text or contact us at 208-684-0000. We'd love to talk!
OUR MAIN GOAL IS TO HAVE A HAPPY CLIENT AT THE END OF THE TRANSACTION AND WE DO THAT THROUGH CONSISTENT AND EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION COMBINED WITH OUR PRECISE AND UNIQUE MARKETING STRATEGIES.