Join as they kick off the holiday season with a fun family friendly shopping event! Be the first to shop for your holiday gifts and decor by supporting your local businesses and crafters! Santa will be there from 11am-1pm!
In the spirit of the holiday season, admission is Free!
Sat, November 6, 2021
Meridian Senior Center
1920 North Records Way, Meridian, ID
WINTRY MARKET 2021
Wintry Market is a handmade for the holdays indie art & craft bazaar in Boise, ID featuring around 100 of the best makers in the Northwest. For the last decade they have prided themselves as being an affordable marketplace for one-of-a-kind goods. Food, coffee & drinks (alcoholic + non) available for purchase on site (no outside food or drinks allowed except water bottles).
For more details visit: www.wintrymarket.com
DOWNTOWN BOISE LITTER CLEANUP
Trash Club is a Boise, Idaho based nonprofit with the mission of keeping the Treasure Valley litter-free through urban and rural pickups. Anyone is welcome to attend pickups and they will provide all volunteers with trash bags, gloves, trash grabbers and hand sanitizer. However, it is recommended that all volunteers bring comfotable walking shoes and water. Come join to help keep our community litter-free!
Sun, November 14, 2021
The Grove Plaza
827 West Main Street, Boise, ID
CREATING WINTER CURB APPEAL
Creating curb appeal in the winter months can be a challenge, but in-house desiger Chris Bowers shares some tips and tricks for helping your home make a great first impression on potential buyers before they ever step inside!
With most buyers making up their mind about a home within the first few minutes of looking at the outside, it's crucial for your home to make a statement that can be seen from the street! Here are some tips for bringing that "wow" even through the cold winter months!
Ensure that sidewalks, driveways and patios are free of snow and leaves. IF freezing temperatures are expected, put de-icer in a decorative bucket with a scoop so you can easily de-ice your walkways, making it safe for potential buyers to access your home.
Adding or updating outdoor lighting is essential, as the days get shorter. Lighting will make your home safer and more attractive to buyers who may be viewing it in the evening. Path lights, fence post cap lights and decorative patio lights or lanterns are sure to impress!
A huge inflatable Santa and colored lights all over everything are sure to distract buyers, but more subtle winter decorations will bring out the best in the exterior of your home. Try a simple wreath on the door, white Christmas lights and garland on the patio.
- Have a Welcoming Front Porch
Your porch will set the scene for the rest of your home. Sprucing up the front patio with a fresh coat of paint on the door and deck will go a long way! Replace old address numbers and light fixtures. A layered welcome mat always looks great as well! (Small mat over larger contrasting mat.)
Remove dead or dying plants, cut back perennials, rake up leaves, pine needles, etc. Consider adding some cold weather deciduous plants to add some interest to an otherwise drab space.
12 FUNNY CHRISTMAS PARTY IDEAS FOR KIDS TO MAKE THE FUN "DOUBLE"
Before you head for the Christmas party ideas, let's tell you how exactly you can make the party real fun. Kids love surprises and games, and when the entire theme is based on their interests, it will surely be the fun factor party. You can include funny food art, games and decor including funny characters and much more!
- Snoman Slam Game
- Jingle Bell Toss
- Disney Themed Christmas Cookies
- White Chocolate Popcorn Snacks
- Funny Christmas Cards
- Hot Chocolate Party
- Gingerbread House Building Party
- Photo Booth Props for the Photoshoot
- Bring Santa Home
- Funnny X-Mas Decoration
- Surprise Gifts
- Reindeer's Nose- Pin It
DOUBLE-GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN WITH ONION GRAVY
- 1 3.5-4lb whole chicken
- Kosher Salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 3 Tbsp. (or more) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. mild red pepper flakes or .5 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges through root end
- .5 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
Pleace rack in middle of over; preheat to 425 degrees. Pat chicken dry inside and out and season generously with salt. Mix garlic, oil, garlic powder, thyme, soy sauce and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a medium cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Smear garlic oil all over outside of chicken. Roast until skin is golden brown all over, 20-30 minutes. RReduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Continue to roast, rotating skillet if chicken is browning unevenly, until skin is crisp, leg joints wiggle easily and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breats registers 155 degrees and the thickest part of the legs registers at least 160 degrees (30-40 minutes longer) Transfer chicken to a cutting board; let rest at least 20 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, set skillet with pan juices over medium heat (wrap a dry kitchen towel around handle) add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and golden brown, 8-10 minutes (if the skillet looks dry, add a little more oil).
- Add wine to skillet and cook, scraping up browned bits, until wine is almost completely evaporated (about 5 minutes). Add broth and cook, stirring occasionally, until gravy looks slightly thickened (it will be a little looser than a regular gravy) 6-8 minutes.
- Serve chicken with onion gravy
20 EASY DIY CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT IDEAS FOR KIDS
Chistmas is one of the most special times of the year to decorate and celebrate. It is the time to enjoy the fun gathering time with family, friends. Many of us like to put up festive decorations also. You can buy them at the store or make them at home. This is a fun way to create DIY ornaments with you kids to celebrat for the season. Most of them can be done with existing supplies from holidays or with recycled items around your home. Holidays will only be as festive as you make them, so don't wait for the Christmas spirit to manifest itself!