St. Patrick's Day Family Activities for a Day Full of Endless Fun
- Enjoy a St. Patrick's Day shake
- Play some bingo
- Have a costume contest
- Play St. Patrick's Day themed games
- Watch a holiday-inspired movie
- Celebrate Mass
- Make St. Patrick's Day cards
- Enjoy a family brunch
- Decorate your home with Irish-inspired decor
- Make some St. Patrick's Day crafts
- Bake soda bread
- Test your luck playing a St. Paddy's game
- Plan a scavenger hunt
- Sip on green drinks
- Bake festive desserts
- Go to a parade
- Learn the history behind St. Patrick's Day
- Make a traditional Irish meal
- Learn how to Stepdance
- Create a special playlist
- Learn a bit of Gaelic
- Give to a green cause
- Make Leprechaun traps
- Decorate a Leprechaun tree
- Wear green
- Create cute Leprechaun hats
- Give a St. Patrick's day treat
- Plant shamrocks
- Search for four-leaf clovers
SPRING POP-UP BOUTIQUE
Celebrate spring a little early with some fun shopping!
Early bird ticket price- $5
At the door- $10
Each ticket includes a goodie bag and a spring bouquet. Appetizers and refreshments will be served
Limited space if you'd like to be a vendor at this event. Register at http://bit.ly/3GXARyw
Sat, March 12, 2022
Center At The Park
1920 North Records Avenue Meridian, ID 83642
LUCK OF THE IRISH 5K- Participate from home: Save $2
SIGN UP NOW FOR $16 INSTEAD OF THE REGULAR $18!
Virtual Run Events powered by Moon Joggers is celebrating their fifth annual Luck of the Irish 3.17 mile race! It's time to start racing towards that pot of gold! March is also Hemophilia Month and they will be donating at least 15% of every registration to the National Hemophilia Foundation, a great organization dedicated to finding better treatments and cures for inheritable bleeding disorders and to preventing the complications of these disorders through education, advocacy and research. Register at http://bit.ly/3s2SrwL
Thurs, Mar 17, 2022 7:00pm - Thurs, Mar 31, 2022 11:00pm MST
Around the World!
Participate from home: Boise, ID 83708
THE 5TH ANNUAL LUCKY'S ST. PATRICK'S DAY CRAWL- BOISE
Join The Luckiest Bar Crawl Ever!
$1,000 Grand Prize Costume Contest!
2 Complimentary Drink or Shots!
Exclusive Drink Specials!
Amazing Local Food!
Custom Lucky Badge & Lanyard!
Waived Cover At All Venues!
Awesome After Party!
Access To Our Crawl Map!
*For Contest Instructions Visit: www.crawlwith.us/costumecontest
For more info: http://bit.ly/3v0KLgv
Sat, March 19, 2022
517 West Main Street Boise, ID 83702
When it comes to relaxation strategies, the easier the better! Here are some easy ways to help relax:
- Breathe it out
- Release physical tension
- Write down your thoughts
- Make a list about what you're grateful for
- Visualize your calm
- Connect to nature
Practicing relaxation techniques can have many benefits, including:
- Slowing heart rate
- Lowering blood pressure
- Slowing your breathing rate
- Improving digestion
- Maintaining normal blood sugar levels
- Reducing activity of stress hormones
- Increasing blood flow to major muscles
- Reducing muscle tension and chronic pain
- Improving concentration and mood
- Improving sleep quality
- Lowering fatigue
- Reducing anger and frustration
- Boosting confidence to handle problems
GARDENING TIPS for beginners
- Get to know your garden
- Plan your garden
- Learn how to plant
- Feed and water plants regularly
- Start small
- Keep an eye on pests
- Make use of compost
- Don't be afraid to prune
- Be kind to wildlife
- Enjoy your garden
ST. PATRICK'S DAY ACTIVITY FOR KIDS by:simplytodaylife.com
- Paper plate
- Green, yellow and black construction paper
- Orange paint
- Gold glitter
- Craft glue
- Cut out a circle in the middle of the paper plate.
- Have your child paint the paper plate orange and allow it to try completely.
- While your paint dries, you can begin creating your leprechaun hat. If you have a younger child you can cut out the hat pieces for them, but if your child is ready to cut the pieces themselves go ahead and allow them to do so.
- Draw a small rectangle on the black construction paper, a hat from the green construction paper and a little square from the yellow paper. Allow your child to cut out the pieces for a great fine motor skills activity.
- For the gold buckle, help your child cut another square inside to create a thin buckle for your hat.
- For some extra sparkle, you can also add gold glitter to your leprechaun's hat buckle.
- Glue the pieces together on the leprechaun hat and glue your hat to the mask.
- To create a fun bearded effect, cut small strips on the bottom of your painted paper plate.
- Allow all your pieces to dry before using the mask, especially the glitter. Believe me; you do not want all that we glitter on your child's face. Yes, unfortunately, we are speaking from experience.
- To make your mask tie around your child's head tie yarn on each side of the mask. You could also add a large popsicle stick at the bottom of their mask and they could just hold it to their faces. Either way they will be so cute!
IRRESISTIBLE IRISH SODA BREAD
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) Grease 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and baking soda. Blend egg and buttermilk together and add all at once to the flour mixture. Mix just until moistened. Stir in butter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Wrap in foil for several hours, or overnight, for best flavor.
LIME SHERBET PUNCH by: The cookierookie.com
Lime Sherbet Punch is the perfect St. Patrick's Day punch to celebrate the holiday. This fun green punch can be made as a cocktail or as a non-alcoholic St. Patrick's Day drink recipe. It's the perfect sherbet punch for a crowd.
- 2 1/4 ounce packages Kool-Aid lemon-lime powdered drink mix
- 1 46 ounce can pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 quarts cold water
- 2 2liter bottles ginger ale, chilled
- Lime Sherbet for serving
- Add all ingredients (except the sherbet) in a large punch bowl (or split the recipe into two large pitchers). Stir to combine.
- You can add the sherbet directly to the punch bowl or to each individual glass when ready to serve.