Home-Décor Trends That Will Be Popular In 2022
- Neutral furniture pieces will get a modern twist.
- Homes will have more color.
- Antique furniture is becoming more and more popular.
- Round shapes are becoming a hot choice.
- People will also embrace textured furniture.
- People will start blending minimalism with other decor styles in their spaces.
- Dark wainscoting is becoming popular.
- Making home offices beautiful yet functional.
- People are buying more furniture that's built to last.
- Open shelving will likely be replaced.
- Nature-inspired interiors may become the norm.
- Green is a hot new color for 2022.
SNOWY BARN PAINT PARTY
This delightful winter scene can be your own piece of art, through the step by step demonstrations of our Angry Easel instructor. Reserve your spot with $20 Venmo @TheAngryEasel which covers materials, instruction and 10% discount on your Jaks check. Space is limited.
Mon, January 17, 2022
6026 Birch Lane, Nampa, ID 83687
SKATE FOR A CAUSE
An evening of family fun to support River Discovery.
Everyone is welcome to attend Skate for a Cause night at Indian Creek Plaza. A portion of ice skating revenue will be donated back to River Discovery.
$10 per person (includes skate rental)
Stop by our booth to learn more about our mission and register for our 2022 adventure lottery.
Thurs, January 20, 2022
Indian Creek Plaza
120 S. Kimball Ave, Caldwell, ID 83605
PAINT WITH PENGUINS FOR KIDS
Join a paint and sip with Magellanic penguins at Zoo Boise. You'll paint the background, enjoy drinks, snacks and be treated to a special zookeeper talk and tour. Then you'll watch as the penguins add their personal touch to your painting and you get to take your painting home!Pain with Penguins is a special fundraiser for Zoo Boise. Register for Pain with Penguins at https://bit.ly/3pd05mW
Kids paint with Penguins on January 27 from 4:30pm-6:30pm. Prices are for one adult and one child ages 6-17. Child must be accompanied by an adult. Additional adults or children are not permitted at the event without a reservation.
Adult Paint with Penguins on January 6 and February 17 from 5:30pm-7:30pm. Ages 18+ only. Alcohol is available and ID is required
MAKING YOUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION HAPPEN
2022 is here and we cannot keep calm!!! Like every other year, it is time to set some New Year's resolutions for a better year ahead.
Here are some New Year's resolution ideas to start 2022 off right:
- Start a journal
- Give more compliments
- Take a social media break
- DIY something special
- Make goals, not resolutions
- Exercise and drink more water
- Be more mindful about your health
- Get organized
- Learn a new skill or find a new hobby
- Live life to the fullest
- Save more money/spend less money
- Read a motivational book
- Make time to catch up with friends and family
- Travel somewhere new
- Read more, scroll less
- Get a full night's sleep
NEW YEAR'S GOAL SETTING TIPS
Time to accomplish those resolutions!
- Write your New Year's resolutions somewhere you'll see regularly so you can review your progress and recommit on a regular bases.
- Create goals for different areas of your life.
- Create attainable and realistic goals. Make sure that any resolutions you set are ones you can accomplish in twelve months
- Set goals that can be measured again and again over short periods of time.
- Design goals that can be accomplished with a partner. You're bound to have more fun when you're working together and you won't be so tempted to give up if someone else is counting on you.
- Celebrate your success. Reward yourself for achieving your goals but make sure that your reward doesn't make it harder to accomplish any of your other goals.
FUN GOAL-SETTING ACTIVITIES FOR CHILDREN
TAKE A BUCKET LIST
- Gather your family together, grab a piece of chart paper and some markers, and start brainstorming.
- As a family, discuss what you would like to do, experience, and achieve over the next 12 months.
- Once you're done brainstorming, put the list somewhere where
everyone can see it often (for example, by the kitchen table).
DRAW A WHEEL OF FORTUNE
- Draw a wheel divided into segments, much like what you would do with a pizza.
- On each segment, write important categories in life: Family, Friends,School, etc.
- For each category, write out goals your kids would like to accomplish in a set period of time.
CREATE A VISION BOARD
- Cut out pictures of hopes and dreams.
- Paste onto poster board and decorate.
- Put your vision board somewhere you can see it.
PLAY 3 STARS AND A WISH
- Have your child come up with 3 “Stars,” or things they already do well.
- Talk to your child about how they became so good at these “Stars.”
- Next, have your child come up with a “Wish.” The “Wish” is something that your child needs or wants to work on (a goal).
- Ask your child what they can do to help make their wish come true.
ASK FUN QUESTIONS
- Ask, What is your biggest dream? If you had a superpower, how would you use it?
- Discuss that they can take their fate into their own hands by making a plan to achieve their hopes, goals, and dreams.
IRISH PORK ROAST WITH ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES
Start eating healthy with this boneless pork loin roast cooked over a bed of carrots and parsnips for an all-in-one dish.
- 1.5 lbs carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1.5 lbs parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp. ground pepper, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless pork loin roast, preferably free-range heritage pork
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 cup dry hard cider
- Ploughman's chutney or Bramley applesauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Toss carrots and parsnips in a large bowl with 2 Tbsp. oil, a tsp. thyme and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Spread evenly in a roasting pan. Rub pork with the remaining 1 Tbsp oil and season with the remaining 1 tsp. thyme and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Place the pork, fat-side up, on top of the vegetables.
- Roast, stirring the vegetables occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork registers 145 degrees F, 50 to 65 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a clean cutting board. Tent with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl and stir in honey.
- Place the roasting pan over two burners on high heat. Add cider and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until reduced by half, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slice the pork and serve with the vegetables, sauce and chutney (for applesauce), if desired
GREEN DETOX SMOOTHIE
Feel your best with this healthy, nutrient rich, bikini- ready green smoothie! Loaded with powerful superfoods like spinach and kale, celery, apple, banana and ginger! Just 136 calories per serving!
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups baby kale
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green apple, chopped
- 1 cup frozen sliced banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately