CHRISTMAS IN COLOR
Load up your friends and family into the van (or car, or truck) and experience Christmas like never before. Drive through acres of more than 1.5 million lights perfectly synchronized to holiday music you’ll hear right through your radio. You’ll drive by giant candy canes, snowmen, arched pathways and more. It’s like being immersed in another world. In fact, we won’t judge you if you join the kids with your face pressed against the window.
We take pride in giving back to the community. A portion of all proceeds from each show goes to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation to help bring joy to local children facing critical illnesses. Thank you for helping us make the holidays brighter for everyone this year!
For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit Christmas in Color
NOVEMBER 19TH-JANUARY 2ND
5610 GLENWOOD ST. BOISE, ID
WRITERS NETWORK HOLIDAY PARTY
Join Idaho Writers Guild for a networking event.
Connect with writers of all experience levels and genres. Enjoy an evening of talking with writers about writing. Assorted appetizers will be provided. Drinks and additional food may be ordered separately. Tickets are non-refundable.
Thurs, December 9, 2021
Legends Sports Pub & Grill
7609 West Overland Road Boise, ID
HOLIDAY GNOMES WORKSHOP
Holiday gnomes are cute and quirky and will add the perfect touch of whimsy to your holiday display! Learn how to make one from scratch with our artist in residence, Lily. She will walk you through it step-by-step and provide all of the materials necessary to create your own.
*Masks are not required, but recommended
Also check out other Workshops in Boise, Arts Events in Boise.
CHRISTMAS TREE MEAT AND CHEESE BOARD RECIPE
Create a festive vibe and serve as a beautiful Christmas appetizer.
- 1 cup italian salami
- 1 cup cucumber sliced
- 1 cup crackers of your choice
- 1/2 cup havarti cheese cubed
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese cubed
- 2 cups green grapes
- rosemary for garnish
- pretzels for garnish
- Start at the base of the Christmas tree cheese tray, by placing cucumbers first.
- Then add 1 cup of smoked gouda cheese, followed by salami and a layer of grapes.
- Now continue adding more layers, add 1/2 cup havarti cheese, followed by salami and grapes.
- Finish the Christmas tree cheese board with crackers on top with a salami star and pretzels on the bottom of the Christmas cheese platter.
- Garnish with rosemary, now your Christmas tree cheese board is complete. Enjoy!
FUN WAYS TO SPEND CHRISTMAS:
- Visit Santa at the Boise Mall
- Drive to McCall and play at the activity barn
- Tour the Scentsy lights in Meridian
- Drive through Christmas in Color in Garden City
- Make hot cocoa to go and drive around looking at Christmas lights
- Drop off your letters to Santa at Meridian Town Hall
- Attend an Ugly Sweater Christmas Party
- Bake and decorate sugar cookies
- Sing Christmas karaoke with friends
- Binge watch your favorite Christmas movies
- Build a gingerbread house
- Play in the snow at Bogus Basin
- See the lights at Indian Creek Plaza
STRAWBERRY CHRISTMAS TREE BROWNIE BITES
Christmas Eve is one of the favorite moments of many, especially the kids. There are numerous things to do while waiting for Santa and one of the most important goals is to keep the children busy. Try this fun activity that your kids will love to make to keep them occupied while waiting for Christmas Eve.
- Your children's favorite brownie, halved
- Bath of pipeable frosting (our favorite is cream cheese frosting)
- 24 small-medium strawberries
- Yellow fondant or star-shaped sprinkles
- Small ball-shaped candy decorations
- Disco dust (if you have it)
- Bake brownies in greased mini-muffin tins filled up 3/4 of the way full. Shorten the baking time a bit, just keep your eyes on them as they bake -- they're done when a cake tester comes out clean.
- As the brownies are baking and cooling, combine frosting with green food coloring the make a dark green color.
- Once baked and cooled, secure the strawberries to the brownies with a dab of frosting.
Put frosting in a piping bag fit with a small star tip, and cover the entire strawberry by starting at the base of the strawberry, applying a bit of pressure and pulling away gently to a nice point.
FUN AND EASY CHRISTMAS GAMES FOR KIDS
- Hit the Grinch
- Mystery Christmas stocking game
- Jingle bell toss
- Guess that Christmas smell
- Christmas tree cones
- Gingerbread Man scavengar hunt
- Shave santa's beard
- Christmas I spy printabable
- Wrapping paper hockey
- Silver bells memory game
- Don't eat the snowman
- Saran wrap candy ball
- Indoor snowballs
- Christmas "would you rather" questions